Sunday, August 2, 2009

Prophets of the Old

During my Quiet Time, the Lord spoke to me, “take a look at the prophets of the old and see what they see.” Then in a flash, I saw people from Moses to David, all of the man of God mentioned in the Old Testament. In that they all experience and communicated with God in an intimacy that many Christians have never been in. Yet the clock past and I saw the men of God in the New Testament. The Glory seen by these men was even greater, clearer than that which the prophets of the old had experience. Then I felt myself in that short moment, in the shoes of the apostle John. I was then led to turn to 1 John 1. I read it out loud (though I was then only one in that room), and as I read, I started to experience the moment when John himself was writing those very words. In that short encounter, I had a greater understanding of the bible, an understanding which I cannot put into words.

No comments:

Post a Comment