Friday, June 27, 2008

Book out, book out Day!!!

Just came back from booking out, and boy was army tougher than I expect. By tougher I mean the spiritual side. I actually quite enjoy the training and maybe a little too much. 

I remember about a year ago I was telling elder Edwin the fear I have in going into the army is being the perfect solider. During these days in camp, I was like enthu enough to even want to sign on. There was even a night where I couldn’t sleep because I was so adrenaline pumped to do training the next day. In these two weeks in army was like a struggle to break out of this army dream and get back to reality. 

Within just a few days of camp I find myself in the popular group, yet the popular group tends to be the mean one. I find myself in the temptation of joining my bunk mates at making fun of the “outcasts.” There are many temptations there, but I think the biggest is the influence of turning me to a solider of the world, rather than a solider of the kingdom of heaven. 

One of the days, I asked God how I was going to create an open heaven so I just prayed in tongues because I had no idea what to pray for, read His word and conversed with Him. I prophesied for an old Christian friend that happened to be in the same company as me. Little did I know I was actually bringing the Glory of God in, and opening up the gates of heaven. Within just one or two days, my bunk mate just came up to me and asked if he could read my bible. I gladly obliged and passed it to him. He was not only just interested for a day, but he carried on reading it for a few days till the day before book out, where I had to take it back for packing.

Each men that I build a relationship with is the starting of an open door. 

I’m so glad for Christians that support me back home. People from my mom’s CG that not only help intercede but give words from God as well through SMS. Oh I’m just so glad that my old Christian friend has open eyes is not a skeptical Christian though he is in a Methodist church. I believe God is raising more young and passionate people that will not let tradition get in the way of God’s new wine. We are going to have a weekly prayer meeting in our company with 2 other Christians as well.

I just miss lying on the floor and soak in God’s wonderful presence, without the restriction of praying in tongues very softly or getting drunk in the Holy Spirit. I miss just letting the weight of His Glory falling upon me. So…I’m going to stop blogging now and just do that. I’m off!

No comments:

Post a Comment