Wednesday, August 11, 2010

It's not so fluffy

Hmm I realised that I have not been blogging for quite awhile, and honestly I was quite in a shock that my friends do read it. This in the past usually served as an encouragement to me and maybe others , but I didn’t expect that may people to read it.

The reason why I had been so silent in the past 2 months is that it has really been a quiet time to seek God and for Him to start digging out certain issues in my life, moving me from glory to glory.
In the past I found it easier to blog because as long as there was a supernatural happening I would blog it down, but these days, it has been so often that I have no idea which to blog.

For theses 2 months I had finally found a place where I was fully accepted for who I am. The leader not only accepts me, but shows true genuine care and concern. Not that he always speak of good things but is willing to correct some of the errors in me.

One such error was the pressure I tend to place on myself when it comes to preaching the gospel. So much so that I could be impatient to God’s movement and make the mistake of jumping into things that are yet at time. I guess that’s why I have not been moving out much these 2 months and resting more in God.
Another thing that God was digging out was the condemnation and false accusations cause by another member in my previous church. Out from this ordeal I have learnt to exercise more discernment, and not to trust that a person is speaking from God just because his heart is sincere and uses holy terms like, “have been praying for a month.”  It was this thing that God started to teach me to look at the spirit behind the words and not the person’s heart only. With that understanding I find myself able to discern which part of the prophecy is from God, and which is not (most of the time haha).

This really comes in handy because my parent’s cell group had members who were prophesying with words that were mostly from themselves and couldn’t tell the difference which is God and which is them. But praise God that those members were able to learn and the cell was an environment of love and not condemnation.  
Recently when a person was prophesying over me commented “wow your life is not a bed of roses.” I truly do agree with him. Thinking back, ever since I started to hear and obey God, life has never been all “fluffy” but in fact was faced with persecutions and rejection. Yet there is still joy in me because I am walking in the will of God. I love doing His work because I love Him. In these hard times it has made me more mature and better equipped for the work of the ministry.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. –James 1: 2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment