Monday, September 21, 2009

What will you do?

I was asked a question recently by a Godly woman, “ if someone was to walk along that corridor, slip and fell, had a huge cut in her head with blood oozing out….. what will you do?”
I knew what the right answer was, but I knew that my true response will not tally with it. So I answered honestly, besides, this woman was a prophetess, and I have been in the prophetic long enough to know never to answer with a model answer (answer from the mind) but to answer with the pure truth (answer from the heart). I told her, “since I have been trained as a medic, I will arrest the hemorrhage first, get medical help, call the ambulance, and while waiting for help then I will pray for the person.”

Sounds good? There in my answer you can find my sin. By that question my sin was exposed, it showed how far I am from God. How much of the flesh I was living by. Why? Because the first thing I would do is not pray!

What would Jesus do? So many times Christians who do not truly know Jesus love to quote that. The truth is, if Jesus was to see that, he would just heal the person. No call for ambulance, or medical training, just like when he healed the man’s ear which peter chopped off.

In that moment I was offered a choice, to either repent and ask God to renew me even more, to the way I live my life and view things, or I could defend myself and still live as fleshy as ever. I chose to repent.

That night and the rest of the next day, God did a work in me. He revealed to me things both of present and of future. I started to see clearer the life mission He had for me.

That day I met a friend who was in the prophetic as well. First few things he said was, “you seem very disturbed, what’s going on?” I told him that I would explain to him in the later part of the day. The meeting was fruitful, we spoke about past present and future. I prophesied over him and we were both edified. I told him it’s not that the joy of the Lord has left me, and he could that that I still had that joy, but it was that holy burden that I had that made me seem disturbed.

Later that day he prophesied over me, only after he prophesied that he understood why I was disturbed. Again I shall speak no more until the time of its revealing arrives.

Now the question I have for Christians if they really want to live by the spirit, if someone was to walk pass you, slip and fell, had a huge cut in his or her head with blood oozing out….. what will you do?”

No comments:

Post a Comment