Monday, July 13, 2009

Squash me not

I was in the mist of prayer walking in my house when I stumbled upon a large ant. I picked it up and wanted to squash it as I would in the past. Somehow I stopped. I had compassion for it. I remember the last bug I squashed and I had a sorrowful regret. So this time I decided to do something different. I brought it to a corner of my house and said, “do not enter my house again or you’ll be dead. I command you to leave in Jesus name.” Then I let it go and it did not turn back to my house at all!
I realized that the ant had recognized the authority that had been given to me and so it obeyed.

I asked God, “oh no, does this mean I’m going to be vegetarian?” Then in a laughter He replied, “ no, it’s ok to kill an animal for food, but not out of just killing for the sake of it.”
Phew…….. Beef steak.. here I come hahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment