Sunday, July 12, 2009

Intercessory Prayer

During these past two weeks, I have been lead to a new area of battle. This area is the area of intercessory prayer. In the past, I ministered to people who were strangers, people whom I come into contact once. In such a ministry, you pray just once and you don’t even remember their name. Because of such experiences, I am so used to the “touch and go” kind of ministry. There is no follow up, that I leave it to the leaders of that particular church. 

Now times are different, although I’m called to minister in such a manner every now and then, I’m now planted to a local church myself. As I get to know the people even more in FGA, I sensed the leading by the Holy Spirit to intercede for them, not just once, not twice, not occasionally, but every moment. To stand with them in their warfare against the kingdom of darkness even though you don’t meet with them in person to pray.

The difference between the “touch and go” and “intercessory prayer?” In the “touch and go” I find myself operating on the grounds where others have been praying for, the ground have been soften, I have been covered and prayed for, my duty is to bring a readied ground to a higher level. However, in the “intercessory prayer” ministry, the ground has not been touched at all.

2 days ago, I clearly remember myself interceding for a sister in Christ. As I was in a face flat position, I could feel myself breaking through spiritual barriers. Attacks were coming from all sides, trying to tear me, and stop me from interceding. It was a huge fight, but I pressed in. As I pressed in further, the attacks became stronger as the enemy becomes desperate. I felt like and arrow head piercing through the barriers laid before me. In the name of Jesus, I broke through. From that night, I can say that I have truly understood the dangers of intercessory prayer. My mother who is in the intercessory prayer ministry for a long time, gave me this advice,"cover yourself before you start interceding for others."

The intercessors cover us, but I wonder, who covers them?

No comments:

Post a Comment