Sunday, May 31, 2009

Pentecost Sunday

Today is Pentecost Sunday, and at New Life Christian Church (Fumara Hotel), I was asking God the amount that I should give Him for offering. I do this for every offering because I want to offer Him a sacrifice that is pleasing to Him, meaning what kind He desire. Now in this sacrifice is not like that of the command which is 10% of your first fruits. That has always been the minimum requirement. But in this sacrifice is an additional. Anyway, so I asked God, what do you want my to give you this time? So He said, “Two.” So I went, “Just Two? I mean God you know me, I can give much more than that, Two?” He responded again, “ Two.” So I obeyed, took out my wallet, couldn’t find any two dollar notes so I went for my coin section. Then I saw two one dollar coins and I placed it in the offering bag. Then the Lord spoke to me again, He linked it to the four-drachma coin that peter fished out. He said, Euclid, look at how I provided for peter to pay the temple tax, I will provide for you.” Oh FYI, peter fished out 4 drachma coins because the tax required was 2 coins, he paid for himself and for Jesus. (2+2 =4) haha

During lunch, we met some of Rusty’s board members. The lunch was near FGA and I intended to pay them a visit after our meal. Then Rusty said to one of the board members, “Euclid here has a word for you.” I replied, “ I have?” So we went to the car because the board member, she was driving us to NUH for another prayer visit. As we walked, Rusty said, “ you know what you do now? You pray.” At first panic came to me, I was like, “ oh no, I don’t have one, what am I gonna to say?” Then the Lord reminded me of a testimony that David Herzog made about a similar situation of how he cried and tried so hard to get a word but he didn’t. It was only when he gave up and just trusted God that he received the word. So, I didn’t try hard at all, I just step out in faith and opened my ears to God. He kept placing these words, “revival and restore,” in me. When we got to the car, I prophesied and it was accurate. At the hospital, I asked Rusty, “ did ya know that God gave me a word, or did you just decided that I should step out in faith.” He replied, “ God told me, and because I was praying when we were at the lunch meeting while you didn’t. That’s why when God gave you a word you didn’t hear him.” Suddenly, the words that my mother mouth yesterday about being aware of the presence of God every moment came to my head, and I understood. Thank you Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment